Sunday, September 5, 2010

new school year, new job and new kids!


Hello art enthusiasts!

It has been a long time since I have updated on here! I recently got a new job working with Kindergarteners at a school in a nearby district. I am really enjoying the new adventures that come with working with kinders! I now know this is the age I would like to teach in the future. Anyways, I am not doing art projects everyday with the kids but I will be doing sporadically throughout the year. I will post any theme ideas, projects, games and art projects we are doing with them!

First, I got this idea from a fellow teacher at my school. We made maple leaves and wrote all of our students names on the stems. The students decorated them using dot pens (yellow, red and orange colors.) You can also include glitter, stickers and foam shapes as well. If you have a camera handy, you can take pictures of the students to add to thier leaves! Then, the teacher can make a tree and add all of the students' leaves.

Second, I found a great new kids book, "Papa please get the moon for me"by Eric Carle. I love Eric Carle books. They are great for book studies and art projects for kids in K and 1st grades! Later this month, we are going to do "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book read and art project! "Papa, please get the moon for me" is about a girl who is asking for her father to go up to sky and get the moon. The book follows the phases of the moon. The book is very interactive for children including folding out, pops out and colorful pictures! ( Picture above!)
Third, if anyone has any games, outside sports, songs, stretches, dances or projects for Kinders please let me know! I need outside games and sports appropriate for students ages 5-6 years old!



Link to leaves: http://0.tqn.com/d/gonewengland/1/0/5/C/leaf5.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment